Easiest dinner of all time– 5 Ingredient Bruschetta Chicken (all ingredient’s from Trader Joe’s). Made in just one skillet and ready in less than 20 minutes! Sounds like an ideal weeknight dinner if you ask me.
I absolutely love one skillet dinners. There’s nothing better than only having one dish to clean when you’re finished cooking, am I right?. And when you add 5 ingredients to the mix.. Forgetttaboutit.
For these minimal ingredient dinners, I like to make sure at least one of the ingredients is packed with flavor, which is why I chose the Bruschetta Sauce from Trader Joe’s.
It’s basically pre-mixed bruschetta with tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and basil, and it’s SO good. I could honestly eat it by the spoonful!
This 5 Ingredient Bruschetta Chicken is seriously the most perfect weeknight dinner. It’s ready and on the table in less than 20 minutes and a dish that the whole family will love.
NOTE: If you don’t like to shop at Trader Joe’s or don’t have access to one, you could easily whip up a quick bowl of bruschetta by combining Roma tomatoes, fresh garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil.
You truly cannot mess it up! All other items should be found at most grocery stores.
I hope you love it!! As a friendly reminder, if you make this dish and love it, a rating/review below is SO appreciated! And you can always tag me on social media @tippsinthekitch. Thanks so much!!!Print
5 Ingredient Bruschetta Chicken (All ingredients from Trader Joe’s!)
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 chicken cutlets (or 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced into rounds
- 1 tub bruschetta sauce (from Trader Joe’s)
- Balsamic glaze, to taste
- Fresh basil, for serving
You’ll also need:
- olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Season both sides of your chicken cutlets really well with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat a few T oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot but not smoking, add chicken cutlets and cook for 4-5 minutes, flip and cook another 4-5 minutes, time depending on the size of your chicken. Add on the sliced mozzarella with 2 minutes left and allow to melt.
- When chicken is fully cooked through and cheese is melted, remove from heat and spoon on the bruschetta sauce. Just before serving, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh basil.