It doesn’t get much easier or more comforting than this 5 ingredient Italian Sausage Cauliflower Gnocchi Bake.
The best thing about this 5 Ingredient Italian Sausage Cauliflower Gnocchi Bake is it’s made in ONE skillet, only calls for 5 simple Ingredients, and is hearty yet still really healthy.
Trader Joe’s Cauliflower gnocchi has been all the rage for quite some time now, and honestly, I still absolutely love it. There are so many different ways to make it, so I never get tired of it. I recently served it to Piero (he’s 2) and he gobbled it right up, so I’m loving that!
I love one skillet meals, especially when it only calls for minimal ingredients, and this is one of those dishes that has so much flavor, you won’t believe it only has 5 ingredients.
The 5 Ingredients you will need to make this dish are:
- Spicy Italian Sausage– I either buy this in the bulk section from behind the counter or in links and remove the casing before cooking. You can sub mild or sweet italian sausage if you don’t like spicy or if you are serving to your kids that don’t like spicy. Both work great!!
- Fresh Garlic– since we are only using 5 ingredients, we want to add as much flavor as we can and fresh garlic always does the trick.
- Pomodoro Sauce– you can also use your go-to marinara sauce if you’d like! I used the Three Cheese Pomodoro Sauce from Trader Joe’s and it was absolutely delicious.
- Frozen Cauliflower Gnocchi– I always get mine from Trader Joe’s, however, I do think there are some other brands out there that make this now.
- Fresh Mozzarella– You could sub shredded mozzarella cheese if you’d like, but I personally love using fresh.
- Salt, pepper
- Fresh basil, for serving, optional
As always, if you make and love this dish, a comment and review below would be so very appreciated! It’s so helpful for me and for other readers. Thank you so much for being here!! XO, LindsayPrint
5 Ingredient Italian Sausage Cauliflower Gnocchi Bake
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage (bulk), or if bought in links, casing removed
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–25 oz jar pomodoro pasta sauce of choice (I used the 3 cheese pomodoro sauce from Trader Joe’s and it was amazing, but any marinara will work)
- 2– 12 oz bags frozen cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Salt + Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. While oven is pre-heating, add a few T olive oil to a large cast iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) over medium high heat. When hot, add sausage and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through and crumbly.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic; cook another minute until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in entire jar of pasta sauce and both bags of frozen cauliflower gnocchi directly to your skillet. Toss until gnocchi is fully coated in the sauce.
- Scatter mozzarella over the top then transfer to the oven for 22-25 minutes, until bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately. Enjoy!!!