Spicy Garlic Shrimp Spring Rolls- the perfect light lunch, snack, or appetizer.
Spicy pan seared garlicky shrimp is nestled in with strips of crunchy veggies and perfectly cooked noodles.
Spring rolls are super fun because you can change them up so easily. You could even make each one different if you need to, especially helpful when you know a guest doesn’t eat shrimp or maybe they despise cilantro.
Side note: I know it’s supposedly been genetically proven that one either loves or hates cilantro, butttt I still don’t understand how that’s possible. … it’s one of my favorite things, and I always always ask for a side of it to be sure I have enough. Sorry if that’s offensive to all you cilantro haters.
Anyway, with that being said, feel free to swap out any of the below ingredients for something else you have on hand. I promise, it’s very hard to mess these up!
These refreshing rolls are the perfect go-to for your next summer gathering. Easy to eat, served cold, and always a hit!Print
Spicy Garlic Shrimp Spring Rolls
For the Spring Rolls:
- 6 spring roll wrappers
- 10 –12 shrimp
- 2 T olive oil
- 6 oz vermicelli noodles, cooked per instructions on package
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- juice & zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into strips
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed, cut into strips
- 1/2 c shredded carrots
- 1/2 c shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 c chopped peanuts
- 1 jalepeno, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1–2 handfuls of cilantro
- 10 fresh mint leaves
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c hoisin sauce
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 T water
- Place shrimp in a medium sized mixing bowl with garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lime juice & zest. Allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet. When oil is hot, add shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Hold each wrapper under warm water for 20-25 seconds, until it becomes flexible.
- Place onto clean surface, and arrange a combination of shrimp, noodles, bell pepper, avocado, carrots, cucumber, cabbage and herbs across the center of the wrapper; fold both ends over the filling and then roll up tightly from the edge closest to you. Repeat for the remaining rolls.
- To make the peanut sauce, combine all ingredients in small bowl, and stir until smooth and creamy.