These 5 Ingredient Sweet Potato Black Bean Stuffed Peppers are the perfect weeknight dinner. Gluten free, vegetarian, super easy, and incredibly delicious.
I love making stuffed peppers because they are beyond easy to throw together on a busy weeknight and the possibilities are truly endless. These 5 Ingredient Sweet Potato Black Bean Stuffed Peppers are healthy and delicious and come together in just about 35 minutes- bell peppers are stuffed with cooked sweet potatoes, black beans, taco seasoning, and Monterey Jack cheese, and baked to perfection!
What you’ll need for this 5 Ingredient Wonder:
- Sweet Potato
- Black Beans
- Bell Peppers
- Taco Seasoning
Can I prep these ahead of time and bake later?
Absolutely! I would suggest prepping the sweet potato black bean filling and storing in an airtight container in the fridge. When you are ready to bake, assemble the bell peppers, top with cheese and pop in the oven! That would make for one super EASY weeknight dinner!
One of my favorite things about stuffed peppers is they are just as tasty the next few days following. They store very nicely in the fridge and also re-heat super well! You could eat any leftovers you may have for lunch the next day or quickly re-heat for an easy hassle-free dinner.
I Hope you enjoy!! As always, if you make this recipe and love it, a comment and review below is always SO SO appreciated!! Thank you!
5 Ingredient Sweet Potato Black Bean Stuffed Peppers
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1–15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 taco seasoning packet (I used Siete Foods)
- 1 cup water, more as needed
- 3 bell peppers, halved vertically and seeds removed
- 1/2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Any other toppings of choice: cilantro, sour cream, jalapeño, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and arrange pepper halves in a casserole dish; set aside.
- Heat a few T olive oil in a large non stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, black beans, taco seasoning, 1 cup water, salt, and pepper, and give it a good toss. Cover and cook over medium low heat, stirring every few minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes or so. Add more water if needed to keep it from sticking to the bottom of your pan.
- Divide mixture among bell pepper halves, top with cheese, cover and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with desired toppings or enjoy straight from the oven! Enjoy!!