This 5 Ingredient Chicken Enchilada Bake is an absolutely must make!!
This truly is the Easiest Chicken Enchilada Bake you will ever find, and it’s just as delicious. Filled with shredded chicken, black beans, red enchilada sauce, and tortillas and then topped with melty cheddar cheese. It’s beyond simple and seriously divine.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY DEXAS
I made this dish on a whim last week using ingredients I had on hand and knew immediately it was a recipe that needed to go up on the blog ASAP.
It’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners but also makes for delicious leftovers for lunch the next day. Or, take to your next football watch party and watch it get devoured in no time!
The glory of it is, it’s 5 ingredients, it only takes about 5 minutes to prep and then you just pop it in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Truly couldn’t be easier.
The FIVE Ingredients are:
- Shredded Chicken– you can use rotisserie chicken, store-bought shredded chicken, or make your own! I’ve made it all 3 ways and it turned out delicious every time.
- Red Enchilada Sauce – pick your favorite sauce and call it a day! I love the Hatch brand of enchilada sauce, but have also used the one from Trader Joe’s and both are delicious!
- Black Beans– I LOVE using the Cuban style black beans from Trader Joe’s because they have some onion and peppers in them, but I’ve also made this recipe with plain black beans and it’s great either way!
- Flour Tortillas– You can definitely use corn tortillas if you prefer, but I’ve found flour to be my favorite.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese– I like using sharp cheddar cheese, however, you could definitely also use a shredded Mexican blend cheese.
If you follow me over on Instagram, you have probably seen me post about one of my favorite things in the kitchen– My Dexas Non-Slip Grippmats. I post about them a little too often, but that just means I LOVE them love them love them!!
They are seriously one of my most used items in the kitchen. They are basically flexible cutting mats that come in fun colors, are dishwasher safe, and super thin so are easily stored.
But on top of that, they also roll-up to funnel prepped foods into pans and bowls.
I just love sharing my favorite kitchen items with you and these grippmats are most definitely top of the list. I have 8-10 of them, and I use them every day, multiple times a day!!
Let’s get back to it.. today’s 5 ingredient must make dish.. The easiest Chicken Enchilada Bake. Woo hoo!!
Here’s how to make it!
- Combine shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans, and tortillas together in a medium sized mixing bowl; toss together until everything is evenly coated with enchilada sauce.
- Spread into greased casserole dish, top with cheese and pop in the oven!!
Yep, it really is that easy, and let me just tell you: it’s even more delicious than you can imagine.Print
The Easiest Chicken Enchilada Bake
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2–3 1x
- 2 c shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1– 15 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1– 15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed (unless using the cuban black beans from Trader Joe’s, just drain)
- 3 flour tortillas, torn into pieces
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Green onion
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a small 9-10 inch casserole dish with avocado or olive oil spray; set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans, and tortillas; toss until everything is coated in enchilada sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread chicken mixture into greased casserole dish, top with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Top with desired garnishes and dig in!