This 5 Ingredient Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe is the absolute BEST. It’s made in one skillet, ready in under 30 minutes, and and perfect for the entire family.
Have you ever thought about making lasagna in a skillet? It’s one of the greatest things ever and something you must try ASAP. I am all about one pan meals lately, and this 5 ingredient pasta dish is a life savor. Filled with ground beef, marinara sauce, lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. It’s truly so simple yet incredibly satisfying.
5 Ingredients You’ll Need
This one pan lasagna has all the traditional flavors of lasagna but way easier and just as delicious!
- Grass-fed ground beef.
- Marinara sauce.
- Uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Ricotta Cheese.
- Mozzarella Cheese.
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper (I don’t include these in the 5 ingredients as most of us have these items in our kitchens).
Here’s why you’ll love this lasagna skillet
- It only calls for 5 simple ingredients. Easy enough for busy weeknights- woo hoo!
- Made in ONE skillet. One pan meals are everything and more and this cast iron lasagna is one for the books.
- Enjoy the coziness and deliciousness of lasagna but without hours of prep work!. Lasagna is one of the most comforting meals you can make, but sometimes we don’t have time for it. This recipe is the best of both worlds!
Who doesn’t love a one pot pasta dish? I know I do. This skillet lasagna only calls for 5 ingredients, however, if you want to jazz it up, here are a few things you could add– Fresh garlic, yellow onion, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, etc.
How to store this stove top lasagna
This easy lasagna should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. It’s also freezer friendly if you would rather prep ahead of time. Make the lasagna then let cool completely before covering in plastic wrap and transferring to the freezer.
Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
Absolutely! Feel free to substitute ground turkey instead of the ground beef, however, keep in mind that ground turkey tends to be quite bland, so season accordingly. Spicy italian sausage would also be a delicious substitute.
OTHER 5 INGREDIENT RECIPES TO TRY!
- 5 INGREDIENT CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND OKRA SHEETPAN
- 5 INGREDIENT SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN STUFFED PEPPERS
- 5 INGREDIENT CREAMY BEEF AND SHELLS
- 5 INGREDIENT GREEN CHILE CHICKEN ENCHILADA SKILLET
As always, if you make and love this recipe, a comment and review below would be so very appreciated! Thank you for your support! xo, LindsayPrint
5 Ingredient Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
This 5 Ingredient Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe is beyond easy and perfect for the entire family! Made in just one skillet and ready in under 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: 5 Ingredient Recipes
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 26 oz jar marinara
- 1 cup water
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into 4 pieces each
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Fresh basil and red pepper flakes, for serving, optional
- Salt + Pepper (about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, more or less to taste)
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add ground beef and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the entire jar of marinara to the skillet, and then add 1 cup water to the empty marinara jar and give it a shake. Pour into skillet.
- Break up uncooked lasagna noodles and add to skillet. Gently toss together until all noodles are nestled into the sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are al dente. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When noodles are cooked, dollop ricotta cheese all over the top, followed by shredded mozzarella. Cover and cook another 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve!
Keywords: easy skillet lasagna recipe, weeknight dinner, 5 ingredient recipes, easy recipes