Say hello to the easiest and most versatile recipe ever. Your new super fast weeknight dinner go-to!
Only 5 simple ingredients and ready in about 20 minutes, this Instant Pot Salsa chicken is absolutely perfect for busy weeknights. Use the shredded chicken to make burrito bowls, tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, taco salads, etc.
I love a hands off meal and this one is just that! Toss everything into your instant pot and let it do all the hard work for you! Whether you are meal prepping for lunches for the week or prepping a quick dinner, this is such a fabulous back pocket recipe. I made this last night with my toddler at my feet if that’s saying something!
How do you make this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken?
This recipe couldn’t be any easier! Simply place the raw chicken breasts into the base of your instant pot, season with spices, and top with salsa and broth. Cook on the meat/poultry function high pressure for 8 minutes. Once cooking has stopped, carefully release the pressure and remove the chicken from the pot to shred.
I always shred chicken in my stand mixer because it’s quite possibly my favorite kitchen hack ever, however, you can also place it on a cutting board and shred using two forks. Add the chicken back to the pot with the sauce, and serve with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Ways to serve this Salsa Chicken!
Burrito Bowls— rice, black beans, cilantro, avocado, lime, pico de gallo
Tacos— tortillas, guacamole, lime, cilantro, salsa
Taco Salads— lettuce, black beans, black olives, tomatoes, shredded cheese, cilantro, lime, chips, salsa as dressing
Other Instant Pot Recipes to Try!
- Instant Pot Poblano Chicken Tacos
- 5 Ingredient Instant Pot Ground Turkey Red Lentil Penne
- Instant Pot Black Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Bolognese
- Instant Pot Chicken Tinga
As always, if you make this recipe, a comment/review below is SO very appreciated! It’s very helpful for me but also other readers! Thank you for being here! XO, LindsayPrint
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken- quick, easy, and versatile shredded chicken recipe. Perfect for tacos, enchiladas, salads, etc. On the table in 30 minutes or less!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1– 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1– 12 oz jar red salsa (I used salsa authentic from trader joes)
- 3 T taco seasoning (Siete foods is my favorite)
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Place chicken breasts into the base of your instant pot and season both sides with salt and pepper. Pour salsa, broth, and taco seasoning over the tops and toss around until all sides are coated.
- Cook on meat/poultry high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the time is up, carefully release the pressure, and remove the lid. Transfer chicken breasts to your stand mixer or cutting board to shred. If using a stand mixer, add paddle attachment and shred on low speed until shredded. If using a cutting board, shred using two forks.
- Place shredded chicken back into the instant pot and toss to coat with the salsa. Just before serving, top with freshly chopped cilantro and a generous squeeze of lime.
- Use chicken to make bowls, tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, salads, etc. This will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.