Healthy, delicious, and so easy! These 5 Ingredient Spaghetti Squash Boats are the perfect weeknight dinner.
These Spaghetti Squash Boats are beyond easy, seriously yummy, and just 5 ingredients. It doesn’t get much better than that! The only part that takes a little while is baking the spaghetti squash, so just plan ahead and be ready to pop that thing in the oven! Other than that, they are super easy.
Basically cook the spaghetti squash, prepare the EASY meat sauce, assemble, bake again for a few minutes, then dig in!
HERE IS A LITTLE TIPP FOR CUTTING THE SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH EASE!
If you’ve ever cut a spaghetti squash, you know how difficult and frustrating it can be! I’ve actually, no joke, chipped a knife before trying to cut one and let me tell ya, that was not cool. So, with that being said, I wanted to share a little tip with you today that will help ease the process and hopefully help you out!
Step 1: Poke holes all over the spaghetti squash and place onto a microwave safe plate, and microwave for 4-5 minutes.
Step 2: Let the squash cool for a few minutes before handling because it’s nice and hot! It’s now ready to be cut, woo hoo! After you have let it cool a bit, start at the bigger end of the squash and continue rotating the squash until you have cut all the way through (lengthwise). You can also cut the stem completely off before you begin if you prefer– that makes it even easier! And Voila! Done and done! It’s so much easier this way. Hopefully you find this helpful!
The recipe is only 5 ingredients, however, I like to provide some optional add-in’s in case you happen to have the ingredients on hand and would like to add in. For this particular recipe, the additional add-in’s are fresh spinach, garlic powder, italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and parmesan. It’s totally fine if you don’t have that on hand, but wanted to let you know in case!
I hope you absolutely love this recipe!! As always, it’s so greatly appreciated if you leave a comment and review below if you make this recipe. It’s not only helpful for me, but for other readers, so thank you so much in advance!! xo, LindsayPrint
5 Ingredient Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 1 medium to large spaghetti Squash, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef, your choice!
- 1– 24 oz jar of your favorite marinara (I love Rao’s)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Salt + Pepper
- Olive oil
- 2–3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 tsp italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Red Pepper flakes, for serving
- Freshly grated parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line rimmed sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Take a fork and poke holes all over the spaghetti squash then put on a plate and microwave for 5 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes after!
- Take the spaghetti squash and cut in half lengthwise then remove the seeds with a spoon and discard.
- Drizzle the inside of each spaghetti squash with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper and then place cut side down onto greased baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until squash releases easily.
- Meanwhile, heat a few T olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add ground turkey or beef and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through. Season well with salt and pepper and add marinara sauce. If you are adding in the optional- add in’s, now is the time to add spinach, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook another few minutes until spinach is wilted.
- When spaghetti squash is finished, flip over and use a fork to shred and fluff the inside flesh so it’s no longer attached to the walls and makes a nest, if you will. Fill each half with Meat sauce, top with mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 5-6 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh basil and serve! Also an option to add parmesan and red pepper flakes before serving as well.