Hellllllo, Chili season.
I forgot how much I adore a big pot of chili, and this Chipotle Turkey Three Bean Chili is definitely a new Fall favorite of mine.
I threw it together last Sunday while watching football and rooting for my not-so amazing fantasy football team. The loser this year has to do karaoke to a song chosen by the rest of the gals on the team, so lets just say I DON’T want to lose.
We loved it so much, I have another batch on the stove as we speak. It’s perfect for quick lunches and to eat throughout the week because it’s easy to reheat, it’s healthy, and super filling.
If you haven’t noticed, I love love love Olo’s Chipotle Paste. For numerous reasons..
- It’s crazy flavorful!
- Keeps well in the fridge for a couple of months
- Keeps me from wasting an entire can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce when I only need 1-2 peppers.
I buy my Olo’s Chipotle Paste from either Whole Foods or Central Market, however, you can also purchase on amazon too, of course. 🙂 If you don’t have chipotle paste, you can definitely buy a can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce and use 1-2 peppers plus a little sauce from the can. These can be found in the Mexican Food aisle of most grocery stores.
This Chili recipe is easy peasy– it has three types of beans, ground turkey, bacon, onion, garlic, tomatoes, jalapeño, chipotle paste, and lots of delicious spices. It’s loaded with flavor, protein, and is much lighter than a lot of other chili recipes out there. However, if you aren’t feeling the lean turkey meat, go ahead and swap it out for grass-fed ground beef or leave the meat out all together.. the best part about chili is it’s really easy to improvise depending on what you have on hand.
Cheers to Fall, football season, and the first of many big bowl’s of chili.
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 3 slices of bacon, sliced crosswise into small pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalepeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2-3 tsp chipotle paste (see notes for alternatives)
- 28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 T tomato paste
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ c chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Optional toppings: Shredded cheddar, green onion, sour cream, avocado, jalepeno slices
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add onion, garlic, and bacon; cook for 5-6 minutes, or until bacon is cooked.
- Add Ground Turkey (can also cook in a separate pan), breaking up until no longer pink and cooked through.
- Add jalepeno, chipotle paste, and spices; stir to combine.
- Now add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and all beans; stir.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice!