- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 3 slices of bacon, sliced crosswise into small pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalepeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2–3 tsp chipotle paste (see notes for alternatives)
- 28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 T tomato paste
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Optional toppings: Shredded cheddar, green onion, sour cream, avocado, jalepeno slices
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add onion, garlic, and bacon; cook for 5-6 minutes, or until bacon is cooked.
- Add Ground Turkey (can also cook in a separate pan), breaking up until no longer pink and cooked through.
- Add jalepeno, chipotle paste, and spices; stir to combine.
- Now add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and all beans; stir.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice!