The simple things in life are often the most enjoyable, and it tends to be the same with food. Fresh tomatoes, tangy lime juice, splash of beer, and a little crunch from the peppers and onions make this pico de gallo hard to resist. And the best part is it’s SO easy.
As you’ve probably noticed, we eat a lottttttttt of Mexican food around our house. It’s just something i’ve always loved. Fresh salsas are really easy to make and are one of my favorite condiments to keep in the fridge because it can literally go on anything. I love making a big batch of this on Sunday and store in the fridge for a few days. It goes great on tacos, eggs, breakfast bowls, nachos, tostadas, chips, etc.
Simply chop everything up, add to your Molcajete, cover and let chill before serving or just dig right in.. It’s delicious either way.
I ended up putting a big ole spoonful of this pico onto some extra Cheesy Green Chile Nachos the other day and oh man, pure amazingness right there. It’s also a great party dip because it’s so so easy to whip up, really fresh ingredients, and super versatile.Print
- 7 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 serrano, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1–2 large handfuls of cilantro, chopped (more/less depending on your cilantro liking)
- Juice of 1 1/2 – 2 limes
- Splash of mexican beer, optional
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl, and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge until you’re ready to indulge.