So, I may be just a tad late to the party on this one (crazy week, I tell ya).. BUT if you’re still on the hunt for a new summery and super refreshing cocktail for this holiday weekend, you’ve landed in the right spot! Is there anything more refreshing than the combination of fresh cucs, watermelon, and mint? Well um, yes, I can think of one thing and one thing only.. This Cucumber Melon White Wine Slush.
At one point this summer, I voluntarily became the frosé gal. It’s beyond delicious, refreshing, and so so simple. I’ve been trying all sorts of combinations lately, and it just dawned on me– why haven’t I made a Sauvignon Blanc Frozen Bev? Where have I been?
Well, most likely running around like a chicken with my head cut off per usual, but that’s besides the point. I’m making up for lost time by sipping on this delicious bev all weekend long. If your weekend plans involve cold glasses of vino anyway, why wouldn’t you want to jazz it up and make everyone happy?
Only three steps required:
Step 1: Freeze the wine.
Step 2: Combine frozen wine and fruit in a blender, and blend. Amazing, I tell ya.
Step 3: Pour into a few cold Copper Mugs(<–affiliate link) and Sip, Sip, Hooray!
- 1 bottle of white wine(I used Sauvignon Blanc), frozen
- 2 c frozen watermelon cubes
- 1 c cucumber, quartered
- 3 T agave nectar or honey
- Mint Leaves, as garnish
- Pour entire bottle of wine into a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Double up to be safe! Place in freezer and freeze overnight.
- Once wine is frozen, add to blender along with watermelon, cucumber, and agave nectar; pulse until smooth.
- Serve immediately in a cold glass and garnish with mint leaves