Spring Roll’s are always a good idea. They are fresh and surprisingly filling, not to mention extremely delicious.
These Chicken and Kale Spring rolls are loaded with fresh, basic ingredients and served with a creamy peanut butter sauce on the side for dipping. These small wooden bowls are great for dips like this! I like to throw in some mint leaves and chopped peanuts before rolling them up– this just adds a bit of crunch and quick burst of flavor.
You can prep everything ahead of time so that all of the fillings are ready to go, and all you’ll need to do is roll em up! I also used a rotisserie chicken and stored the shredded chicken in the fridge until I was ready to use it. This makes your lunch or dinner prep extra quick & easy. These would also be a fun appetizer to bring to any party or get together. Just wanted to throw that tid bit out there!
If you aren’t familiar, you can find Spring Roll Wrappers at most grocery stores in the Asian Aisle or you can always order them online, of course. When you are ready to rock N’ ROLL, dunk each wrapper individually into a bowl of warm water for about 15 seconds just to soften them up a bit. Then you’re ready to add your fillings and roll. Never knew it was that simple, huh?
TIPP: Wrap the prepared rolls in saran wrap and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to indulge. They will keep for a few days in the fridge, however, don’t add the avocado if you’re not eating them right away because they will get a soggy. We definitely don’t need soggy spring rolls on our hands.
- FOR THE SPRING ROLLS:
- 10 spring roll wrappers
- 2½ c shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 c tuscan kale, chopped
- 2 c napa cabbage, chopped
- ¾ c honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¾ c fresh mint leaves
- FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE:
- ½ c creamy peanut butter
- ¼ c olive oil
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T honey
- 3 T soy sauce
- ¼ c hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp salt
- juice of 1 lime
- First, prepare the fillings. Shred the chicken and set aside. Chop your kale, cabbage, green onions, peanuts, and place washed mint leaves in a small bowl to the side; *If you are eating right away, go ahead and prepare the sliced avocado as well.
- Now, combine all sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl, whisk to combine. You may need to use an immersion blender to create an extra smooth consistency.
- Time to Assemble! Fill a shallow dish or bowl with warm water. Submerge each of the spring roll wrappers under the warm water until softened, about 15 seconds; place onto work surface.
- In the lower half of the wrapper, place shredded chicken, kale, cabbage, peanuts, green onions, and avocado. Fold the sides of the wrapper over the fillings and roll it up! Repeat with remaining wrappers and fillings.
- Serve with peanut sauce.