Raise em up if you’d like a super delicious and easy Skinny Chicken Salad Recipe to keep in your repertoire??!!
I know i’ve always LOVED chicken salad but you just never know what you’re gonna get when you order it! It could be loaded with unhealthy mayo galore! I created this Skinny Chicken Salad recipe as a lighter alternative to one of my favorite lunches/ mid-afternoon snacks.
To achieve the creaminess, we went halvsies with paleo mayo and greek yogurt–it’s such a great combo and you would honestly never know the difference! I used Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo, which can be found at Whole Foods, Kroger, Sprouts, or on Amazon! If you don’t have Paleo mayo and would like to use regular, go for it! If you prefer to leave the mayo out all together, just go straight greek yogurt- you can’t go wrong since greek yogurt doesn’t have a super overwhelming flavor.
This is a perfect chicken salad recipe for salads, wraps, to serve with crackers, etc. etc. etc. I also kept it basic, but feel free to add other goodies such as nuts, grapes, apples, etc.!
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and finely shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, halved and chopped
- 1/3 c parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c paleo mayo (I used Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo)
- 1/2 c greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in a crockpot, instant pot, or poach in a pot of boiling water until cooked and no longer pink.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to your stand mixer or cutting board to finely shred. If using stand mixer, use paddle attachment and turn it on medium speed and let it go until the chicken is shredded to your liking.
- Place shredded chicken into a medium sized mixing bowl along with all other ingredients; stir to combine.
- Serve over greens, in a wrap, as a dip, on crostini’s, etc.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.