Hi friends!! I have a NEW totally bomb hump day recipe for you:
Jalepeno Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Avocado Lime Sauce.
I know I keep saying this, but i’m so very sorry for being MIA the past few weeks. This house renovation is taking up ALL of my free time. Literally zero time for anything else. If I were to capture our meals lately it would be slightly embarrassing because it’s either take out or the quickest mod podge of things that doesn’t look pretty but sure does taste delicious. It will all be worth it in the end, and i’ll be back full force once we are settled, so bare with me pretty please!
We went over to our friends house last night to see their sweet new baby and I brought these Shrimp poppers with me. It was truly the only thing I had on hand/time for. They are so easy to make and also the perfect finger food. I served them with a creamy Avocado lime sauce, but feel free to sub any other sauce that sounds yummy to you. They would be delicious with ranch or bbq sauce, too!
- FOR THE SHRIMP:
- 12 large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, & tails removed
- 12 pieces bacon (I used Pederson Farms Whole 30 approved bacon)
- 1-2 jalepenos, seeds removed and sliced into strips
- Salt and pepper
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- ½ avocado
- ⅓ c greek yogurt
- ⅓ c water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lime
- ½ tsp salt, more to taste
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 2 handfuls of fresh cilantro (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Using a pairing knife, partially butterfly each shrimp by slicing along the back of the shrimp. You may need to use your hands to remove the dark vein. season the prepared shrimp with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- To assemble, place a jalapeño strip into the slit we made in the shrimp and wrap entirely with a piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until shrimp is cooked and bacon is crispy.
- While shrimp is cooking, prepare your sauce by adding all ingredients to your blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. Store in fridge until you are ready to serve.