Oh, HI Peanut Chicken Zucchini Noodle Bowls.
These bowls are super easy to make and perfect for those busy weeknights! Might I add, they are insanely delicious and so so fresh. The dressing can absolutely be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to use. It’s okay if you sneak in a few spoonfuls, there is plenty and your secret is most def safe with me.
Alessandro approves of zucchini noodles, however, there is absolutely zero hesitation or gleam in his eye when I mix another kind of noodle in there. This recipe didn’t originally call for flat rice noodles, however I added them to our bowls and it was beyond delish! I added it into the recipe as optional, so I’ll leave that up to you! You can get flat rice noodles at most grocery stores in the Asian/Vietnamese food section. It adds a nice crunch, I must say.
The rest of the ingredients in this bowl are as fresh as they come: sliced cucumber, avocado, jalapeño, peanuts, lime, and an incredible peanut vinaigrette that you may or may not want to eat by the spoonful.
Peanut Chicken Zoodle Bowl
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Total Time: 36 mins
- Yield: 2 bowls 1x
FOR THE BOWLS:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large zucchini squash, spiraled into noodles
- 2 oz flat rice noodles (optional)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/4 c peanuts, roughly chopped
- Chopped cilantro, as garnish
- lime wedges, for serving
- Jalepeno slices, for serving
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3–4 T peanut butter
- 3 T rice wine vinegar
- 3 T water, more as needed
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat olive oil in a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 8 minutes per side, or until fully cooked, and juices run clear.
- Wrap chicken in foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl, and whisk together until smooth and creamy. Add more water as needed to thin it out; set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare zucchini noodles, cucumber slices, jalepenos, peanuts, and remaining toppings.
- Toss zucchini noodles and rice noodles with a tsp olive oil, salt, pepper, and a few tsp of the peanut dressing and divide evenly among two bowls.
- Top with grilled chicken, cucumber, jalapeño, avocado, cilantro, and chopped peanuts. Drizzle more Peanut Dressing on top and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!!