I have a new #meatlessmonday meal for you that you don’t want to miss! Instant Pot Red Curry Chickpeas.
If you’re looking for a new meatless Monday bomb AF recipe- you’ve landed in the right spot. These Instant Pot Red Curry Chickpeas are seriously bursting with flavor. Anything curry and i’m in, but this one is no joke SO easy and SO incredible! We start off by sautéing some shallots, garlic, and ginger in butter (um, ok.. my mouth is watering already), and then we go on to add in all of the delicious spices, chickpeas, tomato sauce, and a little broth. Cook it high pressure for 6 minutes, stir in a little coconut milk and lime juice, and voila! It’s that easy!
I like to serve with rice, fresh cilantro, and naan, and it’s sooo yummy. In the post I wrote last week about the 40 must have items from Trader Joes, I mentioned the Organic Jasmine Rice and frozen Garlic Naan Bread that I keep in my freezer at all times, and here they are again making an appearance!
This meal is so simple and can be made ahead if you’d like! Once the Red Curry Chickpeas are finished cooking in the instant pot, you can either store in the fridge for later, or quickly heat up some rice and naan bread for a super fast meal. SO GOOD! Enjoy!!!
Other Instant Pot Recipes to Try!!Print
Instant Pot Red Curry Chickpeas
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 2 T butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 T red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 T garam masala
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, more to taste
- 3 c canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1– 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 1/3 c chicken broth (can sub vegetable broth), more as needed
- 1/2 c full-fat coconut milk or cream
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for serving
- Naan bread, for serving
- Basmati or Jasmine rice, for serving (can sub cauliflower rice)
- Press “sauté” on the instant pot and wait for screen to read ‘hot’. Add butter, shallots, garlic, and ginger; sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add red curry paste, garlic powder, garam masala, curry powder, turmeric, sugar, & cayenne, and give it a good stir. Cook for 30-45 seconds so that spices become fragrant.
- Press ‘cancel’ on the instant pot. Pour in chickpeas, tomato sauce, and broth. Secure lid, set steam valve to ‘sealing’ and cook high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cook time is up, allow pressure to naturally release for about 10 minutes, then carefully manually release the rest. Stir in coconut milk and lime juice. If it needs more liquid, add a little more broth or coconut milk, as needed.
- Serve in bowls with rice, naan bread, and garnish with cilantro.