Today I am sharing 40 must have Items from Trader Joe’s!
I have had a lot of requests from you all on this, and I’m so excited to be sharing these 40 must have items from Trader Joe’s with you today!! These by all means aren’t ALL of my favorites, so i’ll have to do a follow up post at some point, but these are definitely the top items I’ve been using for a long time, love, and buy over & over again.
Below you’ll find a combination of pantry essentials, healthy snacks, appetizers, easy dinner items, and a few favorite frozen items. I hope you enjoy and would love to hear your feedback!
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil Spray– starting with the basics here, this spray is amazing and a must have in the pantry! It’s perfect for roasting vegetables, greasing pans, grilling, etc. An olive oil spray is always nice to have around and this one is good quality and price.
- Ghee (Clarified Butter)– great price for a good quality ghee! The other brand of ghee that I like is around $12/jar. and this one is around $3.99. You can use it in so many recipes in place of butter or oil. I started using this when I did Whole30 a few years ago, and have continued ever since. It has a higher smoke point than traditional butter, and adds a really lovely flavor. I like to scramble my eggs in ghee because it makes them extra creamy and delicious! You should also try my Whole 30 Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie –the sweet potato mash literally melts in your mouth!
- Blanched Almond Flour– great price for Almond Flour!! It’s a good substitute for paleo, gluten-free, or low-carb diets and is great for baking.
- Coconut Aminos– another basic to have on hand at all times! Great soy sauce alternative that adds delicious flavor to meats, veggies, put it in stir fries, marinades, etc.
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil– great price for a really good quality coconut oil. You can use it in baking recipes, stir frys, greasing baking pans, put it in smoothies, bulletproof coffee, etc. Great pantry staple!
- Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar– great for salad dressings, marinades, or just in a glass of water. You can more of the enzymes from raw apple cider vinegar.
- Organic Jasmine Rice (frozen)– love love love! It’s so convenient having this in the freezer for easy weeknight dinners. Takes 3 minutes to heat up and goes perfectly with so many things.. stir Frys, slow cooker chicken tikka masala, tomatillo chicken and rice bowls, etc! I always have this in my freezer.
- Raw Cacao Powder– great for baking, desserts, smoothies, oatmeal. Great price!!
- Creamy Salted Cashew Butter– this stuff is seriously insanely delicious!!! I love putting it on bananas, in smoothies, on toast with a little cinnamon and honey, or just eating it by the spoonful (guilty)- it’s SO yummy.
- Organic ‘creamy no salt’ Peanut Butter– love this stuff also!! TJ’s has a great nut butter selection. This Peanut butter has one ingredient and it’s peanuts, which is awesome!! This is also the peanut butter I give Piero and he loves it. I stir it in his oatmeal, mashed banana, or sweet potato. Great peanut butter for a great price! I think it’s around $3.29.
- Everything but the bagel seasoning– No surprise here!! This is just an all around great spice to have in your back pocket. It can literally go on anything! Avocado toast, eggs, sautéed kale, pigs in a blanket, salads, etc!
- Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry (Frozen)– Love having this in our freezer for those busy nights. Simply heat it up in a skillet with a little oil. You can either eat with a little coconut aminos or soy sauce or pair it with grilled chicken or shrimp for a healthy, yet delicious dinner.
- Vegan Kale, Cashew, & Basil Pesto– this pesto is SO delicious!! I’m all about making my own pesto, but sometimes time just doesn’t allow, so having a good store bought go-to option is really helpful! The ingredients are super clean, and it has super delicious flavor! Put it in chicken salad, pasta salads, toast, pasta, soups, so many options!!
- Organic Spicy Avocado Hummus– Okay, I am in love with this!!! It is seriously soooo delicious, and has the perfect amount of kick to it! It’s great for snacking– dip crackers, veggies, pita. etc. into it for a mid-day healthy snack.
- Southwestern Chopped Salad– ever since having a baby, I am absolutely not against pre-made salad kits!!! LOL, especially this one! We buy this every single week- it’s so delicious and is the perfect addition to a quick weeknight dinner. Pair it with a quick pan seared piece of chicken or salmon, bowl of soup, white chili, so many options!
- Organic Dried Mango– such a delicious snack, love having these in my pantry or to throw in my bag on the go. It’s just a great healthy snack option and so delicious.
- Organic Taco Sauce– I’ve started using this product more recently, but am LOVING it. It’s great to have around for those quick lunches or dinners. Put it on tacos, taco salads, quesadillas, eggs, so much more! If you are a Taco Bell lover, this tastes super similar to their hot sauce!
- Trader Joe’s Jerk Style Plantain Chips– clearly love my snacks, and this one is yet another delicious & healthy snack to keep around! Crunchy, satisfying, and perfectly seasoned. And did I mention they are only $1.79? I buy these every week!
- Salsa Autentica– LOVE this salsa!! We are most definitely a chips and salsa household, but I also love putting salsa on breakfast hash, taco bowls, taco salads, or just dipping with a chip. This salsa is Whole 30 approved and only $1.99! Such a good buy!!
- Organic Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage– If you’ve been following me for awhile, you know I love chicken sausage! I make sure to always buy organic, and these from Trader Joe’s are delicious. You could make this One Skillet Chicken Sausage and Orzo Parmesan or this Healthy 30 minute Sheetpan chicken sausage and veggies.
- Organic Tomato Basil Marinara– this marinara is a great price for great quality! There are other brands that I do really love also but they are $10 compared to $3 and this one is still SUPER delicious, vegan, and has really clean ingredients. You could whip up an extra fast dinner with organic chicken sausage, cauliflower gnocchi, this marinara and call it a night– Highly recommend!
- Organic Red Lentil Sedanini– such a good gluten free pasta to keep around for those busy weeknights you need something quick and easy to whip up. Try my 5 ingredient Instant Pot Ground Turkey Red Lentil Penne– so good and perfect for the whole family!
- Cauliflower Gnocchi (frozen)- another one that is all over the media these days, but it really is so delicious and convenient to keep around! If I am in a time crunch or maybe just really tired from the day, I will sauté some organic chicken sausage, then sauté the cauliflower gnocchi, toss it all up with some marinara and call it a night. Alessandro LOVES it, too, so that’s helpful!
- Chicken Gyoza Potstickers (Frozen)– these are such a good appetizer or side to any meal. They are SO good and only take a few minutes to whip up! Definitely love having these in my freezer for when I need them. Great for entertaining friends because they are super delicious, always a crowd pleaser, and couldn’t be easier. Pair them with soy sauce, coconut aminos, or pot sticker sauce.
- Chili Onion Crunch– this is my newest obsession, chili onion crunch. SO GOOD. I’ve been loving putting it in stir Frys, on top of ghee fried eggs, with sautéed or roasted veggies, so many different ways to eat it. Very versatile and just a fun way to jazz up a dish.
- Garlic Naan Bread (Frozen)-loveee keeping this in my freezer at all times! It takes just 2 minutes to warm up in the oven, and is a lovely compliment to so many dishes. I like to pair it with my crockpot chicken tikka masala , roasted veggie mediterranean bowls, and 5 Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Naan Pizzas, but there are so many other things you could do with it as well!
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh– If you like Tabbouleh, you are in for a real treat with this one!! It’s so incredibly fresh tasting, and no it doesn’t really taste like cauliflower at all! It’s over by the dips and hummus in the refrigerated section, but it sells out quickly, so I always snag it when I see it. I sometimes just snack on it alone, but it also pairs well for a quick dinner bowl with hummus, grilled chicken, and naan bread- yum!
- Cotillion Pinot Noir– at $9.99, this wine is light, smooth, and somewhat similar to Meiomi Pinot Noir, but half the price. It is made in the same 3 wine regions that Meiomi is made in– Monterrey County, Sonoma County, Santa Barbara County. Steal of a deal!
- Tribunal Red Wine Blend– I also love this red wine blend. It’s $9.99 as well and just a good, smooth weeknight red for a good price. Highly recommend!
- Casone Toscana– One more red wine fave- this delicious Italian red is only $10.99. It’s well bodied, smooth, with subtle spice, and goes really well with pizza or charcuterie boards. Mmmmmmm.
- Italian Truffle Cheese– hands down my favorite cheese at Trader Joe’s. This belongs on every cheeseboard, but also delicious in risottos, pasta, grilled cheese- yum yum, and yum. MUST HAVE.
- Unexpected Cheddar Cheese- so delicious for the price, this cheese is amazing and always a hit. It has a really rich cheddar flavor with hints of parmesan. I love snacking on it with crackers and a crisp glass of vino.
- Port Salut- another entertaining must have! I always put this on my cheeseboards. It’s smooth, creamy, melts in your mouth, and goes so well with wine and charcuterie.
- Truffle Marcona Almonds– The name says it all. Delicious crunch of Marcona almonds paired with the amazing flavor of truffle- these go perfectly on cheeseboards, in salads, or by themselves. Also, did I mention they are a great price? Total must have!
- Dolmas (stuffed grape leaves)– One last thing for now! Love these Dolmas to have around for a healthy snack, you could add them to cheese boards, appetizer trays, or have as a side to lunch, etc.
- Marinated Olives– first off, don’t let the bag scare you!! I don’t know that I would have bought this if I hadn’t have had a Trader Joe’s employee recommend this to me a few years ago. I buy them all the time now! Now only are they a great price, they are delicious olives and go perfectly on cheeseboards, in mediterranean bowls, salads, etc!
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups– obviously these are pretty self-explanatory, however, they are my favorite peanut butter cups ever!!! I like to keep them in the freezer and grab one after dinner for a post-dinner sweet.
- Brownie Crisp Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches— Alessandro’s not a huge sweet guy, but he swooooooons over these Brownie Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches. They are fairly small, so the perfect size and OMG, beyond delicious!
- Asian Style Vegetable Stir Fry Mix– I’m not one to buy pre-packaged veggie mixes, but this one is really good. It has a lot of delicious veggies in it and make for a SUPER quick dinner. Stir Fry it in a little coconut aminos, salt, and pepper, and add in protein of choice. Definitely a convenient pick.
- Burrata, prosciutto, and arugula Flatbread– easy and delicious no fuss appetizer or light dinner. Just nice to keep on hand for those desperate times!!
That’s all I have for today! Again, these are a lot of my go-to products from Trader Joe’s that I have used for a long time, love and continue to buy over and over again. There are, of course, many other things I love from TJ’s, so I will do a follow up post in the next few months!!
*If you have any specific categories I should focus on, please comment on this post– appetizer essentials, go-to snacks, easy dinner items, etc. Always love your feedback because I am here to help you and give you ideas at the end of the day!! Thanks for following along, until next time!