Would this fun & festive weekend be complete without an ice cold Margarita? I’m gonna go with a big fat NO. Especially when it involves Mango Jalapeño Frozen Margaritas because denying that would be straight up silly. These margs are literally heaven in a glass.
As you know I like things spicy spicy, so I infused my tequila with 2 sliced jalepenos overnight and then strained it the next day. Infusing the tequila gives it such a great flavor, so I would highly recommend doing so even if you let it sit for just a couple of hours!
I like to keep mine in a large mason jar in the fridge, and good news is- it will last for 3 weeks or so! Just reach in and grab it when your in a Marg Mood and get the party started!
Have you ever had the combo of Mango & Jalapeño? Well, it’s pure gold. And when you add tequila to the mix?? OOOOO BOY.
Enjoy and Happy ALMOST/FINALLY c i n c o — d e — m a y o !!!Print
Mango Jalepeno Frozen Margaritas
- Yield: 2 margaritas 1x
- 2– 3 oz Jalapeño infused tequila (depending on strength preference)
- 1 1/2 c Frozen Mango chunks
- 1 c orange juice
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 2–3 T Agave nectar
- Juice of 2 large limes
- Ice, as needed
- Jalapeño slices and lime wedges for serving
CHILI SALT FOR THE RIM:
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For jalapeño infused tequila, combine 2 sliced jalapeños and 2 c tequila in a large jar or container. Let sit for 6-8 hours or overnight, then strain before using. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a few weeks.
- To make the margaritas, rub the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and then dip in chili salt (can also sub sugar or plain salt). Add all margarita ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust strength/sweetness, as desired.
- If you prefer your margarita on the rocks, sub 1 ripe mango instead of frozen. Shake it up and pour over ice.