These new Spicy Pomegranate Holiday Margaritas are the absolute perfect Christmas cocktail. A little festive, a little feisty, and oh so delicious.
If you’re looking for a fun new cocktail to make this year for the holiday’s, this is the one!! They are so easy to make, but have a fancy flare and are so incredibly yummy.
First, get out your cocktail shaker, and add the sliced jalapeños, simple syrup, lime juice, and tequila. Using a muddler or spoon, muddle that concoction around to release the juices of the jalapeños.
Next, add in the pomegranate juice, cointreau, and a big handful of ice. Shake it up until it’s too cold to hold!! IYKYK.
I personally like to add salt and sprinkles to the rim to add a little sparkly touch but also because who doesn’t love a salty sweet combo??
Pour the drink over ice and enjoy!!!Print
Spicy Pomegranate Holiday Margaritas
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 2 1x
- 4 oz silver tequila
- Juice of 2 limes, more to taste
- 3–4 jalapeno slices, more for serving, if desired
- 1/4 c simple syrup
- 2 T cointreau (or any orange liqueur)
- 3/4 c pomegranate juice
- Rosemary Sprigs, as garnish
- Salt, for the rim
- Gold Sprinkles, for the rim (optional)
- Add tequila, lime, jalapeño slices, and simple syrup to cocktail shaker, and using a muddler or spoon, muddle for 20-30 seconds to release juices from jalapeños and quickly infuse the tequila!
- Next, add in cointreau, pomegranate juice, and a large handful of ice. Put the lid on the shaker and shake it up until it’s too cold to hold!!
- Rub a lime wedge along the rim of your glass and twist on a plate of salt and sprinkles. Add ice to the glass and pour in the margarita!
- Garnish each cocktail with a rosemary sprig and option to add more jalapeño slices.