I created these cookies solely for my dear friend, Kelsey, AKA Bad Mom KC. There is this amazing little Italian Market in Dallas called Jimmy’s Food Store, and in their freezer section they have these cookies called “Dallas Rocks” that are seriously loaded with so much goodness. Kelsey used to live in Dallas and luckily stumbled upon these bad boys while cruising through the aisles one day, and all I can say is we’ve never been the same since. I may even go as far to say we’ve never known a love like this before.
I’m talkin’ BIG-OLE chunky cookies filled with oats, chocolate chunks, coconut flakes, dried cranberries, walnuts, butterscotch, more chocolate chunks, more coconut, etc. etc. etc.
Are you getting out your mixer yet?
I love when cookies are soft on the inside but have the most perfect crispy edges. Mmm.. so good.
I’d also like to mention that Bad Mom KC just had a baby a month ago, and I’m so proud of her. She really is a “cool mom” and Finley is one lucky gal.
When Kelsey and her husband moved back to Kansas City a few years ago, I even mailed them freshly baked ‘Dallas Rocks’ cookies because well, I know the way to her heart I guess. Now that I re-created these delicious chunks of love, we all can make them in the comfort of our own homes.
These Cookies are everything you’ve dreamed of and more. You can even place scoops of dough into parchment paper lined ziplock bags or containers and store in the freezer. That way, you can easily pop a few in the oven whenever that craving kicks in.
Happy Saturday and cheers to these big ole Chunk of Love Cookies.Print
Chunk of Love Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 c All purpose flour
- 1 tp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- 1 c chocolate chunks
- 1/2 c butterscotch morsels
- 3/4 c oats
- 1/2 c coconut flakes
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 3/4 c chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla & corn syrup, and continue to mix.
- In a separate bow, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Now add in remaining ingredients and stir by hand. Feel free to adjust the amount of chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, etc.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop medium sized balls of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, then transfer to wire rack to cool.