20 minute lunch idea! Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Cups. So easy and so full of flavor, you’ll want to make them again & again.
These Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Cups are the perfect low carb yet extremely delicious lunch or dinner. The taco meat and chipotle crema can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble. Simply re-heat the meat before serving. It’s also perfect for lunch meal prep as it stays good in the fridge for up to 4 days. Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day!!
Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Cups
Quick and Easy Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Cups. Low-carb, super quick to throw together, and perfect for lunch or dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2-3 1x
For the chicken:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1–2 tsp chipotle paste or 1–2 chipotle Chiles in adobo sauce, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
For the chipotle crema:
- 1/2 c Mexican crema (can also use greek yogurt or sour cream)
- Juice of 1/2 lime, more as needed
- 1 tsp chipotle paste or Chiles in adobo, seeds removed
Optional toppings: Serrano’s, avocado, red onion, cilantro, watermelon radish, chipotle crema, salsa, lime wedgeScale
- Heat 1 T avocado oil in non stick skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Now add chicken and cook, breaking up until no longer pink. Add spices and mix together. Now add chicken broth, reduce heat and simmer for another few minutes.
- To make chipotle crema, add all ingredients to blender and pulse until smooth.
- Spoon chicken mixture into butter lettuce cups and top with desired toppings!