Avocado Toast is one of the greatest things that’s ever existed. Not only is it crazy simple and convenient, but it’s always always always satisfying. Avocado’s are loaded with healthy fats, potassium, fiber, antioxidants, and have been shown to lower cholesterol….All the more reason to indulge in avocado toast whenever/wherever possible.
The glory of avocado toast is you don’t really need to follow a “recipe”…just mash it up with a little salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and perhaps a squeeze of fresh lime, spread it on the toast and call it a day.
I’ve recently fallen in love with burst tomatoes. SO much flavor with such minimal effort. Simply toss the tomatoes with olive oil and either roast them in the oven or saute in a pan on the stove until they burst and become all juicy and amazing and stuff.
I prepped the Kale and Basil Pesto ahead of time and stored it in a mason jar in the fridge for the week. Prepping a few key items ahead of time truly makes life so much easier. Since I already had the pesto in the fridge, this avo toast no joke only took about 7 minutes total, and i’m happily munching on it as we speak.Print
Avocado Toast with Burst Tomatoes and Pesto
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 English Muffin, or toasted bread of your choice
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 Avocado, diced
- 2 T Kale Basil Pesto, or store bought pesto
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes
- salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Squeeze of fresh lemon, optional
- Poached or Fried Egg, optional
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and a squeeze of lemon; smash to a creamy consistency
- Heat oil in a small saute pan. When oil is hot, add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes burst.
- Spread a generous layer of pesto on each toasted bread, followed by mashed avocado and burst tomatoes.
- Option to add poached or fried egg over the top.