May I politely and urgently introduce you to the pasta of your *crazy, hectic, how am I going to get dinner on the table tonight* dreams? 30 minute Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Parmesan Shells.
It’s as simple as it sounds, no frills. Simply roast the sweet potato and cauliflower for 20 minutes and then toss that roasty goodness with the cooked pasta shells, olive oil, grated Parmesan, salt/pepper, and fresh arugula.
It seems to good to be true. But it ain’tttt. (Insert Victory dance here).
Is there anything Tipps, AKA myself, loves more than a super quick and easy, yet fantastically amazing din? No, not really. Let me just tell you that I made this dish on my lunch break yesterday in record timing so I know for a fact it’s possible! I timed myself from the minute I left the office, made this dish, and scooted back to work and drumroll please……….
One hour & fifteen minutes. That’s straight up efficiency at it’s finest. Yes, we will ignore the flying arugula all around the kitchen as I was running around trying to get one last pic before heading back.
I also failed to mention I snuck in a brief snuggle sesh with sweet Knoxy while those veggies were roasting. I just love him and his short fluffy paws so much.
But really, does it get any better than a fast, fresh, and healthy pasta dish?
THREE EASY STEPS.
Give it a whirl and let me know what you think! I love your feedback more than you know!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3-4 c small cauliflower florets
- Olive oil
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 c grated parmesan
- 8 oz jumbo pasta shells, cooked per instructions on package
- A few handfuls fresh arugula
- Preheat the oven to 475 and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potato and cauliflower with 3-4 T of olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper; Spread onto parchment paper in an even layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway, until sweet potatoes are fork tender and nicely roasted.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package, cook until al dente. Drain the pasta and drizzle with olive oil to keep from sticking together.
- Toss roasted vegetables with shells, another 3-4 T of olive oil, parmesan, and freshly cracked pepper. Toss to combine.
- Add arugula and give it another toss.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!!!