Sweet, spicy, and a lot of deliciousness goin’ on in this bowl of Roasted Tomatillo & Mango Salsa. The flavors of roasted peppers and sweet, tangy mango’s have joined forces to make a seriously good salsa.
I made a huge batch of this salsa the other night thinking it would last a few days, but I should have known better. It was gone the following day and would have most definitely been gone that night if I wouldn’t have aggressively grabbed the bowl out of Alessandro’s hands all because I wanted it for my Fried Egg Tostadas this morning. You would have thought I hadn’t eaten for days.
Sorry i’m not sorry for loving my salsa so much. After all, I am a Tippens.
This salsa is really simple and would be the perfect addition to any party. It’s great because it’s really simple to whip up, and can be stored in a large mason jar in the fridge and put it on tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, or just grab some chips and take a dip.Print
Roasted Tomatillo & Mango Salsa
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- 12 Tomatillos
- 1 small white onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 mangos, cubed
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, stems removed (remove the seeds for less heat)
- 1 Serrano pepper, stems removed (remove the seeds for less heat)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large handful cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- Preheat broiler and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove husks from the tomatillos and gently run under warm water to remove the stickiness.
- Add tomatillos, onion, jalapeño, Serrano, and garlic to baking sheet; broil until tomatillos are soft and everything nicely charred (About 10 minutes)
- Add roasted vegetables to your blender or food processor, along with mango, cilantro, lime juice, and spices. Pulse until you’ve reached your desired consistency. (Some like it chunky, others like it smooth)
- Serve with Chips, tacos, or your favorite Mexican dish.