Honor Bar’s Chicken Kale Salad with Peanut Vinaigrette is so satisfying and made with just 5 Trader Joe’s Ingredients! Talk about easy and seriously so delicious! Filled with chopped kale, coleslaw mix, shredded chicken, fresh mint, and peanut vinaigrette!
This recipe is a serious crowd pleaser. If you want to WOW your guests, just trust me on this one. Once you try it you will totally understand why!
It comes together effortlessly and is perfect for lunch meal prep, easy weeknight dinners at home, or even a fabulous salad to bring to a friends house, baby shower, wedding shower, book club, dinner party, holiday gathering, etc you get the point.
I love this salad so much I actually have another version of this on the blog. One where I made homemade peanut dressing and such, but as soon as I tried the Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette from Trader Joe’s, I knew a 5 ingredient version needed to make it’s way to the blog.
So, here it is! Beyond easy and seriously yummy.
The FIVE Trader Joe’s Ingredients are::
- Organic Shredded Kale
- Coleslaw mix
- Shredded Chicken
- Fresh Mint
- Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
- Optional Add-in’s: green onion and chopped peanuts!
If you don’t have access to a Trader Joe’s, don’t worry! The only item that is truly specific to Trader Joe’s is the Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette. I would suggest picking up your favorite asian style dressing from your local store.Print
Kale Salad with Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette (5 Trader Joe’s Ingredients!)
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1–10 oz bag organic shredded kale (about 5 c chopped kale)
- 1/2 bag coleslaw mix
- 2 1/2 c shredded chicken (you can buy pre-cooked or buy about 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts and cook/shred)
- 1/3 c chopped mint
- 1 bottle of spicy peanut vinaigrette, used to your liking
- Salt + Pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c chopped peanuts
- If making your own chicken, go ahead and cook and shred ahead of time; set aside. (Easiest if you do this in the crockpot or instant pot!)
- To assemble the salad, add kale to your salad bowl and gently massage with a little olive oil (using your hands!) Then add coleslaw mix, mint, and chicken and toss to combine.
- Toss with dressing just before serving and if you’re adding green onion and peanuts, add now.
- Diving into bowls and serve!