Crockpot Green Chile Chicken Soup – new favorite weeknight dinner!
Oh happy day, my friends.. we made it through yet another Monday! Alessandro and I were in Tulsa this past weekend for a friends wedding (which was amazing and so much fun by the way), however, by the time we got home last night, there was just no time to meal prep. And frankly, all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and watch Netflix. I’m also pretty sure I was asleep by 9:00pm- you’d think I would have woken up feeling more rested from all those Zzzz’s, but oh well, i’m hopeful for a full recovery by tomorrow.
I happened to have some chicken in the freezer that was leftover from last week, so I whipped that out before going to bed and knew it was going to be a crockpot kind of Monday. I had 2 cans of green chiles, enchilada sauce, chicken, chicken bouillon powder (a must have) and a plethora of spices on hand, so that was enough to get the soup going in the crockpot while I was at work. I just had to run by the store to grab the last few items, and we were all set.
This creamy soup is bursting with flavor and will be ready in 30 short minutes from the second you get home. If you’re in need of a new lunch meal prep idea- this is for you because it makes a big batch and is so yummy re-heated.Print
Crockpot Green Chile Chicken Soup
- Yield: 7–8 bowls 1x
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 4 c chicken broth
- 2– 4 oz cans green chiles
- 1– 15 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 T chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Mexican crema
- Cilantro, chopped
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Sliced Jalepenos
- Lime wedges
- In a large crockpot, combine chicken, broth, enchilada sauce, green chiles, tomatoes, and spices. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken from crockpot and place onto cutting board. Shred using two forks; set aside.
- Soften cream cheese in microwave for 25-30 seconds. Add to crockpot with corn, and lime juice. Cook an additional 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and soup creamy.
- Add shredded chicken back to pot and stir to combine.
- Serve in bowls, topped with shredded cheese, crema, cilantro, jalepenos, and lime wedges.