This Black Bean Chipotle Dip no joke takes less than 5 minutes and is loaded with delicious flavas! It’s perfect for entertaining because it can be made ahead of time and simply stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. And yes, I very much realize that blended up black beans aren’t the most gorgeous thing you’ve ever laid your eyes on, but just hold that thought until you take a bite, would ya?
I made this dip in my vitamix, but you could always use a food processor as well. I made sure to pulse it out, so that it didn’t become too smooth because I like the texture to have a few black bean bits in there, but feel free to fully blend as smooth as your heart desires. This dip is perfect for Cinco De Mayo or any friend gathering. I served with Siete Lime tortilla chips, but it would also be delicious with jicama or carrot sticks for a healthier alternative.Print
5 minute black bean chipotle dip
5 minute black bean chipotle dip. Vegan, gluten free, and SO delicious!
- 2– 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed (reserve 1 T liquid from can)
- 2–3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, plus 3-4 tsp of the sauce from can (all depends on your spice tolerance/preference-if you’re concerned, start with less and add as you go)
- 1/2 c cilantro
- Juice of 2 1/2 limes
- 3 T olive or avocado oil
- 3/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Add all ingredients to your blender or food processor and pulse until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Spoon into a serving bowl, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.