OH YEAH, lay it on me! Five Ingredient Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad.
ALL about easy these days, you guys. Not only are you all loving these five ingredient recipes, I’m also gearing up for baby so it’s so nice to whip up a quick and easy meal and move on to the next thing. Aka, my babe is arriving in 2.5 months and we are just now starting to think about the nursery…. I’m sure it stresses some of you out, but we’ll get it handled don’t you worry.
This five ingredient pesto tortellini pasta salad is the perfect summer dish because it can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve. In fact, it’s even better after chilling for a few hours so it’s a win-win situation. You know I love making my own basil, but that would of course not make this 5 ingredients so the recipe calls for store-bought OR homemade–leaving that totally up to you. I know my sister will 100% opt for the store-bought. 5 ingredients, gal.
Happy Friday and I hope you enjoy your weekends!!Print
5 Ingredient Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad. The perfect summertime dish to bring to your next pool party, bbq, or just friend gathering!
- 20 oz cheese or spinach tortellini, cooked per instructions on package
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 c homemade or store-bought Pesto, more to taste
- 1 handful fresh basil, sliced into ribbons, more as garnish
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella balls (Bocconcini)
- 2 T olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Cook tortellini per instructions on package, drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add in tortellini and toss to combine. Add more olive oil or pesto, to taste.
- Cover and store in fridge until you are ready to serve. Garnish with a few fresh basil leaves right before serving.