I’m all about these 5 ingredient dinners lately you guys. I mean, what’s not to love? 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Okra Skillet- um yes please. I threw in some grape tomatoes and let them blister and burst in the pan, and oh.my.yummy. There is just something so special about blistered tomatoes. You can add them to pretty much anything and it just takes it to next level delish. I could sit and eat a bowl of just straight up blistered tomatoes
My sister was the one who first asked that I do a series of recipes that have 5 ingredients or less. She literally called me up one day and said “Linds, I need recipes with 5 ingredients or less..I don’t have time to browse the aisles in search for star anise”. So, that was that. I immediately went home and looked in my fridge to see what 5 ingredient dinner we were having that night. Obviously, these recipes are extremely simple made for those that don’t have much time, but please feel free to jazz it up however you’d like!
This dinner is made in one skillet with just 5 simple ingredients- Chicken sausage, Okra, tomatoes, garlic, and your go-to all purpose seasoning. I used What’s Gaby Cooking’s Go-To Spice blend because it’s so yum, but feel free to use your favorite! I cooked it all in a little butter, olive oil, salt and pepper, however, I don’t count those as ingredients as most people typically have that in their pantry. 🙂 I hope this helps make your evening a little less stressful and I obviously hope you love!!Print
5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Okra Skillet
5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Okra Skillet. So simple, fresh, and healthy. Perfect 20 minute weeknight dinner!
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 chicken sausage links (pre-cooked), sliced into rounds
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c fresh okra, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 c grape tomatoes
- 2 tsp all-purpose seasoning (I used What’s Gaby Cooking’s go-to blend)
- 3 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil.
- Add chicken sausage to skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side; try not to fiddle with them too much once they are in the pan so they can get a nice char.
- Now add tomatoes, garlic, seasoning, and okra; cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until tomatoes have started to burst and okra is soft.