5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Okra Skillet. So simple, fresh, and healthy. Perfect 20 minute weeknight dinner!
- 2 chicken sausage links (pre-cooked), sliced into rounds
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c fresh okra, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 c grape tomatoes
- 2 tsp all-purpose seasoning (I used What’s Gaby Cooking’s go-to blend)
- 3 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil.
- Add chicken sausage to skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side; try not to fiddle with them too much once they are in the pan so they can get a nice char.
- Now add tomatoes, garlic, seasoning, and okra; cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until tomatoes have started to burst and okra is soft.