Stars, stripes, & anything spangly should be the ultimate goal for this weekend.
Alessandro and I decided to stay home this year for the 4th because we have literally been traveling and on the go for the last 3 months. That gets exhausting, I tell ya. And although it’s pretty much impossible to have a weekend sans plans (especially on a holiday weekend), we are attempting to be a little productive in between all of the festivities.
Although deciding what to grill and which cocktails to make are obvi top priority, there also needs to be at least 1-2 sweet treats available to grab at any given time during this holiday weekend. These rice crispy treats sure are easy, and man oh man are they delicious. If anything, it could be a fun activity if you have any kiddos in the house. Just make sure they don’t eat every last bite before you get one.
Wishing everyone a fun & safe weekend celebrating this country we oh love so much.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Once butter has melted, add in marshmallows and cook; stirring continuously until all marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat.
- Add in rice crispy cereal and stir to coat the cereal evenly.
- Spread evenly onto parchment paper and let cool just a few minutes.
- Cut into stars and let cool another 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Dip one side of each star into the chocolate, return to the parchment paper, cover with sprinkles and let cool.