Does it get much better than this? A plate of fresh summer tomatoes with Burrata and Basil. I think not. I could literally eat this entire platter, that’s how much I love it. I’ve always loved tomatoes and have been snacking on them since I was little. My dad always used to slice them up with a little salt and we’d dig in. Quite possibly the simplest snack, but so so so delicious.
This is one of my all time favorite go-to appetizers because not only is it simple, fresh, and delicious, it’s also so incredibly beautiful. And not to mention it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until your guests arrive. It’s an all around WIN-WIN situation.
Simply choose your favorite tomatoes, grab some basil and Burrata and toss it all together. I like to drizzle mine with olive oil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and a little fresh garlic, and serve with crostini’s. Seriously perfect for summer! You would be crazy to pass this one up. 🙂
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lb compari tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 8 oz fresh Burrata
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Arrange sliced tomatoes onto serving platter, followed by olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, fresh basil, Burrata, and a drizzle of balsamic.
- Serve with toasted bread or crackers of choice.