Slow Cooker Rotel Chicken Soup, heyyyyy-ya.
Slow cooker soups are one of the greatest things to ever exist. I mean, who doesn’t love walking in the door after a busy day to a big pot of delicious soup and not to mention the yummy aroma filling the room? I know I do. My initial plan for this soup was to make my good ole white Chili recipe, but I randomly decided to add some black beans, which led to a can of corn, followed by a can of rotel, pickeld Jalepeños, etc. etc. I.couldn’t.stop.
The result, however, was straight up deliciousness. It’s like a white chili chicken tortilla soup on steroids. Simply throw everything but the beans, corn, and jalepenos into your crock before zipping out of the door. The chicken will shred perfectly when you get home, and all you’ll have to do is add in those last few items, and bowl it up!Print
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c chicken broth
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 2– 15 oz cans rotel (or fire roasted diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 Jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, red onion, avocado, cilantro, diced tomatoes, crema
- Add everything but the beans, corn, lime juice, and cilantro to your slow Cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from pot and transfer to cutting board or stand mixer, however you prefer to shred your chicken.
- Add shredded chicken back to crock pot along with beans, corn, lime juice, and cilantro. Cover and cook on low an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice.