Slow Cooker Rotel Chicken Soup, heyyyyy-ya.
Slow cooker soups are one of the greatest things to ever exist. I mean, who doesn’t love walking in the door after a busy day to a big pot of delicious soup and not to mention the yummy aroma filling the room? I know I do. My initial plan for this soup was to make my good ole white Chili recipe, but I randomly decided to add some black beans, which led to a can of corn, followed by a can of rotel, pickeld Jalepeños, etc. etc. I.couldn’t.stop.
The result, however, was straight up deliciousness. It’s like a white chili chicken tortilla soup on steroids. Simply throw everything but the beans, corn, and jalepenos into your crock before zipping out of the door. The chicken will shred perfectly when you get home, and all you’ll have to do is add in those last few items, and bowl it up!Print
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c chicken broth
- 15 oz can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can ranch style beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 2– 15 oz cans rotel
- 1/4 c diced pickled Jalapeños
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, red onion, avocado, cilantro, diced tomatoes, crema
- Add everything but the beans, corn, and jalepenos to your slow Cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from pot and place onto a cutting board. Using two forks shred the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add chicken back to pot along with beans, corn, and jalepenos. Cover and cook on low an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice.