Why and how is it already almost Monday? Hopefully you all are feeling more rested than I am right about now. I came down with a cold last week, and although i’m on the up and up, i’m still trying to kick it to the curb.
This is a recipe I’ve been meaning to share with you guys for a few weeks now, but time keeps getting away from me! My full time job has been pretty crazy lately as we’re gearing up for Q4, so I try my best to work on posts at night or on the weekends, but ya know Life happens sometimes.
This Salad is the Tippens sisters take on The Honor Bar’s Emerald Kale and Chicken Salad with Peanut Vinaigrette. It’s easy, heathy, delicious, and absolutely perfect for lunch meal prep. Rotisserie chicken, chopped kale, cabbage, green onions, and mint leaves, all tossed in a creamy peanut vinaigrette and topped with chopped honey roasted peanuts. Tell me that doesn’t sound insanely easy & totally divine?
My sister, Natalie, was definitely the one behind this meal re-creation. She had been raving about this salad for months and was actually the one that re-created it first, so I obviously had to try it and couldn’t resist in making my own version the minute I realized I could eat it every day. Shout out to you Nat! Thanks, ya babe!
If you’re looking for a new healthy (desk) lunch idea, this is seriously the best find! Divide the salad into your Meal Prep Containers (<–affiliate link), of course storing the dressing separately, and there you have it. Locked, loaded, and ready to take on the week!Print
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 1 bunch Tuscan Kale, stems removed, chopped
- 2 c napa cabbage, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 c honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 c freshly chopped mint
FOR THE PEANUT VINAIGRETTE:
- 3–4 T peanut butter
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 T honey
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger (or ginger paste from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1–2 T freshly squeezed lime juice
- Combine all salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until creamy.
- If serving immediately, toss salad and dressing together.
- If you are meal prepping, divide the salad among your meal prep containers, however make sure to store the dressing separately.