Why and how is it already almost Monday? Hopefully you all are feeling more rested than I am right about now. I came down with a cold last week, and although i’m on the up and up, i’m still trying to kick it to the curb. This Kale & Rotisserie Chicken Salad with Peanut Vinaigrette makes all things better, however.
This is a recipe I’ve been meaning to share with you guys for a few weeks now, but time keeps getting away from me!
My full time job has been pretty crazy lately as we’re gearing up for Q4, so I try my best to work on posts at night or on the weekends, but ya know Life happens sometimes.
This Salad is my take on The Honor Bar’s Emerald Kale and Chicken Salad with Roasted Peanut Vinaigrette. It’s easy, heathy, delicious, and absolutely perfect for lunch meal prep. Rotisserie chicken, chopped kale, cabbage, green onions, and mint leaves, all tossed in a creamy peanut vinaigrette and topped with chopped honey roasted peanuts. Tell me that doesn’t sound insanely easy & totally divine?
My sister, Natalie, was definitely the one behind this meal re-creation. She had been raving about this salad for months and was actually the one that re-created it first, so I obviously had to try it and couldn’t resist in making my own version the minute I realized I could eat it every day. Shout out to you Nat! Thanks, ya babe!
Would this Kale & Rotisserie Chicken Salad with Peanut Vinaigrette be good for meal prep?
YES!! If you’re looking for a new healthy (desk) lunch idea, this is seriously the best find! Divide the salad into your Meal Prep Containers (<–affiliate link), of course storing the dressing separately, and there you have it. Locked, loaded, and ready to take on the week!
Other Salad Recipes to Try!Print
Kale & Rotisserie Chicken Salad with Peanut Vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 1 bunch Tuscan Kale, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 –2 c napa cabbage, finely chopped (can also sub green cabbage)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 c roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 c freshly chopped mint
FOR THE PEANUT VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 c + 2 T olive oil
- 3 T creamy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 T lime juice
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- a few pinches of cayenne
- Salt + freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until creamy.
- If serving immediately, toss salad and dressing together.
- If you are meal prepping, divide the salad among your meal prep containers, however make sure to store the dressing separately.