Think spicy buttery shrimp nestled into a delicious duo of twisty zoodles and spaghetti. A little crunch and touch of spice with every bite.
This light dish is super easy to prepare, and perfect for any night of the week. You’ll get that pasta fix with the added benefit of less carbs, less cals, and more veggies.
If your man doesn’t love Zoodles, trick him into trying this perfect combo, and he may just be begging for more!
This light and scrumptious dish is the ideal meal for summer time because it’s just as delicious (if not more) when it cools off. Double or triple the recipe if your hosting the next summer shindig, and your guests will love it! Can also sub chicken, sausage, or any white fish.
MY mouth is watering just thinking about it.Print
- 10–12 raw shrimp
- 2 medium zucchini squash, spiraled into noodles
- 2–3 oz spaghetti
- 2 c broccoli
- 4 T butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c Shredded Italian Cheese Blend (I love Trader Joe’s Quattro Formaggio Blend)
- 1/4 c Parmesan + a few T for topping
- Zest and Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 T Freshly chopped parsley
- Place shrimp in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Spiralize your zucchini into noodles and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti per the package instructions; strain, toss with olive oil, add to large bowl and set aside.
- Add 2 T butter to a large skillet over medium heat and allow to melt.
- Once butter is melted and pan is hot, add broccoli to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Add garlic, shallots, red pepper flakes, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer until garlic and shallots become fragrant. Transfer broccoli to bowl with cooked spaghetti.
- Add more oil or butter if necessary and then add the shrimp to the hot skillet; cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until pink and fully cooked through. Transfer to bowl with broccoli and spaghetti.
- Add remaining 2 T of butter, zest and juice of lemon, and parsley to the same skillet we’ve been using and let melt. Pour melted butter mixture into the bowl with spaghetti, broccoli, shrimp, and add zucchini noodles, shredded cheese, and parmesan; toss to combine.
- Serve in bowls with lemon wedge and more parsley and parmesan.