This Mediterranean Pesto Orzo Salad is so unbelievably easy to throw together and absolutely delicious.
It’s perfect for meal prep because it can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a super quick lunch, afternoon snack, or dinner. Make sure to leave the arugula out, and simply toss it in just before serving.
What should I serve with this Mediterranean Pesto Orzo Salad?
Grilled Chicken, Salmon, or Shrimp would all be fantastic additions. If you already have this prepped and in the fridge, we’re talking 10-15 minute dinner. This would be a great thing to serve guests or bring to a party because it’s all made ahead of time and is best served chilled or at room temperature anyway, so there’s absolutely no stress!
Can I use store-bought pesto?
Of course you can! I am all about doing what’s best and easiest for you! However, if you do have an 5 extra minutes to spare, I would highly encourage you to make your own. If not this time, try making this kale basil pesto next chance you get! The flavor just can’t be beat and it really doesn’t take much time at all! Simply throw all pesto ingredients into your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Yes, it is THAT easy.
Use as little or as much pesto as you’d like, and if you have leftovers, Store leftover pesto in the fridge, covered, for 5-7 days. You can also freeze the leftover pesto if you’d like, that way you’ll have it on hand for a rainy day!
I hope you Enjoy!!!Print
Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
- Yield: 5 1x
- 2 c dried orzo, cooked per instructions on package (about 3.5 c cooked)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1– 15 oz can artichokes, drained, and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 c kalamata olives, halved
- 1 1/4 c cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 c sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 c basil pesto (recipe below if making your own)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 c crumbled feta
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus wedges for serving
- 1/4 c fresh basil, roughly chopped (can also sub fresh parsley or dill)
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Arugula, for serving
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 2 c packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 c + 2 T pine nuts (can also use walnuts, almonds, pistachios, pecans)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- If you are making your own pesto, add all pesto ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add all pasta salad ingredients but the arugula to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Cover, transfer to the fridge, and let chill for a few hours.
- toss with arugula just before serving and serve with lemon wedge. Enjoy!!!
This will keep well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy as a side with lunch or dinner or just eat alone.