What’s your go-to one pan meal for those crazy busy week nights? If you’re in need of something new, this 30 Minute Skillet Lemon Chicken Piccata sure is easy and beyond delicious. Prepared and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
I love using bone-in, skin on chicken thighs because they have so much flavor and the skin gets super crispy when you pan fry them. Always an option to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this dish also if that is more up your ally.
I decided to serve over freshly spiraled zucchini noodles, but feel free to sub in pasta if that’s your preference. You can never go wrong with pasta in my opinion 🙂 I also didn’t sauté the Zoodles before serving, I just topped them with the chicken and white wine buttery lemon caper sauce from the pan, and that was just enough to get the juices flowing! The sauce from the pan heats up the Zoodles just a tad, but still allows for a little crunch. If you like your zucchini noodles a little on the softer side, feel free to sauté in the sauce for a couple of minutes right before serving. Either way is delicious! Sprinkle with fresh parsley and parmesan and dinner is served.
30 Minute Lemon Chicken Piccata
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 3 large zucchini squash, spiraled into noodles
- 1.5 lbs skin on, bone in chicken thighs (can substitute chicken breasts if you prefer)
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c dry white wine
- 4 T butter or ghee
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- Juice of 1 lemon + 5–6 slices of lemon, seeds removed
- 2 T of capers, drained
- Fresh parsley, as garnish
- Shaved Parmesan, for topping
- Heat oil and 1 T butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, generously season Chicken on both sides with kosher salt and black pepper.
- When skillet is hot, add each chicken thigh skin side down. Cook for 7-8 minutes per side, remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add remaining butter to the skillet and swirl to coat the pan. When butter is melted, whisk in the flour until there aren’t any lumps and the consistency is smooth.
- Now add in your minced garlic, cook for 1 minute until it is fragrant.
- Add in lemon juice and white wine and stir to deglaze the pan.
- Now add chicken back to the pan, along with capers and lemon slices. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 15-30 minutes, longer if you have time.
- Divide zucchini noodles evenly among 4 bowls. Top each bowl with chicken, a few spoonfuls of the sauce from the pan, and garnish with chopped parsley, lemon slice, and a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan. Serve!