Summer time/ pool time /grilling time has officially arrived my friends, and I am one happy camper. As much as I don’t love the 100+ degree days, I sure do love sitting on the patio with a glass of vino while the grill masters take over.
Grilled corn is one of the easiest, most delicious, and versatile summertime sides. If we’re being completely honest here, I had to stop eating corn straight off the cob a few years ago after I popped my bottom retainer off for about the 5th time. Very unfortunately, that time was the last time. I still prepare lots of corn on the cob, however, I am just that gal that has to cut it off.
This Skinny Mexican Street Corn salad is simple yet so satisfying. It’s quick and easy to prepare and will have the whole table begging for more. Delicious grilled flavors are combined with zesty creaminess to create this lively and exquisite summertime side. Serve as a side with grilled chicken, fish, taquitos, tacos, enchiladas, etc…the possibilities are endless with this tasty dish.Print
- 4 ears of grilled yellow corn, kernels removed from the cob
- Cooking Spray (I used Avocado oil spray)
- 3 T butter (or ghee)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 c queso fresco
- Mexican Crema, drizzled on top
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Preheat Grill or Cast Iron Skillet
- Spray each ear of corn with cooking spray or brush with oil; generously season with salt and pepper.
- Place corn directly on grill or skillet, and cook until charred on all sides.
- Cut the corn off the cob and place into large serving bowl. Toss with butter, lime juice, and spices.
- Top with cilantro, queso fresco, and mexican crema