Today is National Cookie Day, which is an immediate calling for no-bake fudge cookies. Quite possibly my favorite cookie of all time. And, I know the recipe by heart, which makes it even.
I’m not going to lie and tell you they are good for you, but that doesn’t mean you can’t indulge every once in a while. I am a big advocate of “in moderation”.
- 2 c sugar
- ½ butter
- ½ c milk
- ¼ c cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I make my own- see recipe)
- 3-4 c oats
- ½ c creamy peanut butter
- wax paper
- In medium sized saucepan, melt your butter on med-low temp. You want to be careful not to burn the butter.
- Once butter is melted, add sugar, milk, and cocoa. Stir until creamy consistency.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add in vanilla, peanut butter, oats, and stir. Continue adding oats until they are coated with the cocoa mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool(or don't) and dig in!