Holy Moly. Need I say more. These Instant Pot Hoisin Glazed Chicken Meatballs are out of this freaking world. And you won’t believe me, but they only take about 20 minutes, cooking time included.
Hopefully you guys aren’t terribly sad about the outcome of the Super Bowl last night. I thought it was a great game. I definitely consumed a few (WAY) too many treats, but that’s okay. That’s the best part! We went over to a friends house, and the spread included pizza rolls, chips and all kinds of dips, tortellini skewers, tuna nachos, turkey roll-ups, chili, cookies, wine, wine, and wine. Let’s just say I needed to be rolled home and placed into my bed.
I’ve been wanting to try meatballs in my Instant Pot for quite some time. Granted, I want to try everything in my instant pot, but meatballs specifically. If you haven’t jumped on the instant pot train just yet, you can cook these in your slow cooker or on the stove top to achieve similar results.
These Hoisin Glazed meatballs are made with Chicken, so definitely on the lighter side. I served them as a main entree with Cauliflower Rice and Roasted Broccoli, however, they would make for a great appetizer since they are absolutely delicious on their own.
Five easy Steps to goodness:
Step 1: mix up that sauce.
Step 2: Mix up the meatball mixture and roll into balls.
Step 3: Press the Sauté function on your instant pot. Add a little sauce followed by the meatballs. Sauté for 2 minutes, flipping after 1 minute.
Step 4: Pour remaining sauce over the meatballs and gently toss to coat. Secure the lid of the instant pot, and set the steam valve to “sealing”. Select Manual, high pressure for 6 minutes. Allow steam to release on its own, then do the quick release before opening the pot.
Step 5: Serve on top of sautéed Cauliflower Rice with veggie of choice!
Quick & Simple and SOO YUM.
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1 T Sriracha
- 2 T hoisin sauce
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 T honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 1 lb organic ground chicken
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- FOR THE CAULIFLOWER RICE:
- 1–16 oz bag riced cauliflower
- 3 tsp ghee
- salt and pepper
- FOR THE BOWLS:
- Veggie of choice (I used broccoli)
- cilantro, as garnish
- shredded carrots, as garnish
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
- For the meatballs, combine chicken, shallot, egg, bread crumbs, and spices together in a bowl; mix well until combined. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and set onto parchment paper off to the side.
- Press the saute function of your instant pot. Add a little sauce followed by the meatballs. Cook for 2 minutes, flipping after one minute so that all sides are browned.
- Press cancel on the instant pot. Pour the remaining sauce over the meatballs, and very gently toss around so that all meatballs are coated.
- Select Manual/High pressure for 6 minutes, and make sure the steam valve is set to “sealing”.
- After it has reached high pressure, it will cook for 6 minutes and will gradually release the steam. Release remaining pressure before opening the pot.
- Meanwhile, Heat ghee in a medium sized skillet. Add cauliflower rice and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked.
- To assemble the bowls, spoon cauliflower rice into the bowl followed by meatballs, veggie of choice, carrots, and garnish with cilantro.