I’m feelin’ the love. That mushy, starry-eyed, weak at the knees kinda love. For my Instant Pot, that is.
I mean, WOWZERS. Completely blown away by this Instant Pot Beef Stew, and saying i’m officially obsessed with this magical pot is an understatement of the century. If you own one, high fives all around. If you don’t, I would highly encourage you to think about it.
I’m not going to lie, I got mine in the Fall and was quite intimidated by all the different settings for a little while, but then I took the plunge! This Instant Pot Beef Stew is perfect for a cozy Sunday night in, or even crazy busy week night. The only work required is chopping the veggies and meat. You don’t even need to sear the meat first, just throw it all in and press start. You can so handle that!
If you don’t own an Instant Pot (yet.. wink wink), you can definitely make this in your crockpot. I would suggest cooking on low for 6 hours or so.
Serve in Bowls with fresh thyme and toasty bread & dig in!
- 1.5-2 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced diagonally in thick pieces
- 5 carrots, sliced diagonally in thick pieces
- 6 yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 c beef broth
- ½ c red wine (I used cabernet)
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 T sugar
- Put all ingredients in your instant pot, toss it all around, and press the meat/stew function for 35 minutes high pressure.
- Once the 35 minutes is up, let the cooker naturally cool and release pressure.
- Now open the steam valve, carefully open the lid, and give it a good stir.
- Serve in bowls with fresh thyme & toasted bread.