- 3 T olive oil
- 1.5–2 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled, sliced diagonally in thick pieces
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, quartered
- 2 1/2 c beef broth
- 1/2 c red wine (I used cabernet)
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Parsley, as garnish
- Warm baguette, for serving
- Select ‘saute’ function on your instant pot. When screen reads “hot” add oil and then the beef.
- Sear the beef for 1-2 minutes, then press cancel on the instant pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients to your instant pot, toss it all around, and secure the lid. Make sure the pressure valve is set to “sealing” and select the meat/stew function for 35 minutes high pressure.
- Once the 35 minutes is up, carefully switch the valve to ‘venting’ and let all steam release before carefully opening the lid.
- Serve in bowls with fresh parsley, thyme, & toasted bread.
- Brown the meat in a large oiled skillet prior to putting it in your crockpot with all other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!!
*You can also use a crockpot if you don’t have an instant pot. I would suggest browning the meat in a large skillet prior to putting it in your crockpot with all other ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!!