Grilling season has arrived!!! Seriously the best time of year. Although, I contradict myself a little bit there because I always tell you all how I strongly dislike the Texas Heat. Texas heat = summertime = grilling season… you follow? Okay well, whatever- I love grilling out regardless of the weather! These Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Lemon Herb Sauce (aka crack sauce) is just what you need to kick start the summer! They are beyond easy, can be prepped the night or day before and are so so yummy. The lemon herb sauce, tho. If you’re wanting to add some zest to your life, you’re lookin’ at it girlfriends and boyfriends. D-E-L-I-S-H.
I don’t have much to report on the house renovation except for the fact that Alessandro officially completed all of the Demo by himself… Who knew he was such a handy man (news to me). I’m tellin’ ya, he deserves 1 million gold stars! Our contractor +his crew should be starting any day now, so that’s when the real fun begins. I’ll be sure to document the progress along the way so I can share lots of before & afters with you all.
I’m 100% convinced Kebabs are my new go-to summer entertaining meal of choice. They are just perfect and SO easy. Simply prep the sauce, kebabs, and sides ahead of time, and throw those suckers on the grill shortly before you’re ready to eat. Entertaining does not need to be difficult. I know it can be stressful, but meals like this are ideal because all of the grunt work can be done ahead of time. That way, when your guests arrive, you can sip on cocktails with them and enjoy your evening but still serve a delicious and impressive meal! I served these kebabs with a big mixed greens salad and a lemon herb orzo and it was perfection! Any pasta salad or cold side dish would work well too.
Happy Almost Friday and Cheers!
- FOR THE SKEWERS:
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 zucchini squash, cut in half and sliced
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half and sliced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- FOR THE LEMON HERB SAUCE:
- Zest and Juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ c olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- Add diced chicken to a large bowl and generously season with salt and pepper. Add 3 T olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes, and toss to combine.
- Skewer the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers, alternating chicken, then a few veggies, chicken, repeat. (if you are using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes before).
- When ready to cook, heat grill to high. Place skewers on the grill, and cook, using tongs to turn skewers occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the kebabs are cooking, prepare the sauce by adding all ingredients to your blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle sauce over Kebabs or serve as a dipping sauce and serve.