Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Lemon Herb Sauce
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6-8 1x
FOR THE SKEWERS:
- Skewers, If you are using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1–2 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 zucchini squash, cut in half and sliced
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half and sliced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
FOR THE LEMON HERB SAUCE:
- 1/3 c olive oil
- Zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 c chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 c fresh chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 c chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 c chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Add diced chicken to a large bowl and generously season with salt and pepper. Add 3 T olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, and red pepper flakes; toss to combine.
- Skewer the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers, alternating chicken, then a few veggies, chicken, repeat. (if you are using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes before).
- When ready to cook, heat grill to high. Place skewers on the grill, and cook, using tongs to turn skewers occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the kebabs are cooking, prepare the sauce by adding all ingredients to your blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Drizzle sauce over Kebabs or serve as a dipping sauce.