Hi there, Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice.
Another simple, healthy, and super delicious meal coming’ at ya! This Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice is a low-carb take on your traditional fried rice. It contains ginger, garlic, scallions, carrots, bell pepper, peas, riced cauliflower, and scrambled eggs. Then tossed with soy sauce & sesame oil and topped off with scallions and sriracha.
I’ve recently become a big time fan of cauliflower rice. I’m talking in the last 2-3 months. And yes, I realize I am behind the times, however, one bad experience and I was out. For awhile..
A few TIPPS takeaways would be:
- If you are making your own cauliflower rice, make it right before cooking.
- If you are buying pre-riced cauliflower at the store, buy it the same day you plan on using it.
These might seem like silly or obvious #tipps, however, pre-riced cauliflower starts to have a funny smell if you buy it a few days prior and that might be enough to turn you off of cauliflower rice FOREVER. Trust me, been there done that. But I’m back now, and I’m back for goooooood.
I made this in my large all-clad skillet tonight, but without a doubt bring out that WOK if you have one! Also, if you’d rather have shrimp fried rice, then just go ahead and do it why don’t ya- easy substitution right there!
I served this deliciousness in my favorite coconut bowls and added sriracha because I love love love the extra heat. Happy Sunday and enjoy!!!
- Olive Oil
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 16 oz cauliflower rice (or 1 head cauliflower, riced)
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 c frozen peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- sriracha, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. When oil is hot, add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink and cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add a little sesame oil to the skillet along with the ginger, garlic, and white parts of scallions. Sauté a minute or two then add carrots and bell pepper; cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add peas and cook for a few minutes until cooked, drain and set aside. .
- Add chicken, peas, cauliflower rice, chicken, soy sauce, and sesame oil to skillet. Toss to combine and cook another few minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 eggs. Move the cauliflower rice mixture to one side of the skillet then pour in the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs on the side of the skillet then toss entire mixture together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with green parts of scallions and option to top with sriracha.