This Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Soup was a randomly delicious creation a few years ago, and still happens to be one of my all time faves. This is definitely not a genius moment by any means because it’s quite possibly the easiest soup to make, but it’s SO good and SO simple.
Something amazing happens when you sauté onion & garlic with chipotle paste. I’m talking insanely good flavors making their way through your kitchen right about now.
I made a big batch of this on Sunday and have eaten it every day since. It’s just as delicious re-heated and is the perfect quick lunch go-to.
You will Need:
- Olive oil
- Shredded Chicken
- Yellow Onion
- Chipotle paste – my favorite 🙂
- Zucchini Squash
- Chicken Broth
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Spinach or Kale
- Salt, pepper, cumin
- Toppings of Choice!
Only F O U R easy steps Required:
- Saute onion, garlic, chipotle paste in olive oil in a large stock pot or Dutch Oven.
- Add zucchini, spinach or kale, and saute a few more minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, enchilada sauce, and spices. Simmer for 20 Minutes.
- Serve in Bowls with desired toppings. YUM.
- 3 T Olive oil
- 1 lb shredded chicken (or meat from Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chipotle paste (or 1–2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeds removed and chopped)
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced into half rounds
- 4 c chicken broth
- 12 oz jar red enchilada sauce (check label if you are GF)
- 3–4 c fresh spinach or kale
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- Optional Toppings: shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, diced red onion, avocado
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add onion, garlic, & chipotle paste; saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add zucchini & spinach/kale to pot and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, enchilada sauce, and spices, and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice!