I’ve fallen madly in love with a salad. A very sweet, charming, and delicious Grapefruit Avocado Salad that is.
Crisp Greens are topped with grapefruit, avocado, green onions, and salty marcona almonds and then tossed with a delicious red wine vinaigrette. I will warn you however: you may want to get your serving before your guests (is that rude??) because they are about to go to town on that colorful bowl of deliciousness!!!!
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 grapefruits, peeled, segmented and seeds removed
- 2 large haas avocados, sliced
- 4-5 green onions, sliced
- ½ c marcona almonds
- ½ c olive oil
- ⅛ c red wine vinegar
- ⅛ c white wine vinegar
- 2 T sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss segmented grapefruit pieces, lettuce, green onions, almonds, and avocado slices together.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving. Toss to combine and divide evenly among salad bowls.